Cricket NSW, through its department structure and affiliated associations is responsible for the management and organisation of the sport of Cricket in NSW.
Sydney Thunder is responsible for the Sydney Thunder KFC T20 BBL team based at ANZ Stadium.
The Cricket NSW summary of obligations and privacy principles were developed in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, which may be viewed at www.privacy.gov.au.
Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder collects information from supporters, volunteers, players and other individuals interested in cricket and Sydney Thunder KFC T20 BBL Team in NSW. In all departments, only the individual’s direct contact and necessary details are collected. Most information received by Cricket NSW is provided from our registration/application forms with the individual or parent/guardian’s consent. Most information received/gathered by Sydney Thunder is provided by Sydney Thunder Membership registration and competition data capture.
The information collected from individuals may include their name, street address, postal address, email address, phone numbers, fax numbers, credit card details, date of birth, health and medical details (where necessary), playing history and demographic information.
Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder only collects information by lawful and fair means without being unreasonably intrusive. Individuals may choose not to provide personal information requested by Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder. Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder respects the individual’s choice, but accordingly the individual may not be eligible to receive certain products and services as a result of this action. This may include entry to competitions conducted by Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder or inclusion in special development programs or coaching programs administered by Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder.
Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder may also collect personal information for and from Cricket Australia and the other State and Territory cricket associations (“Other Cricket Associations”).
C) Use and Disclosure
Personal information collected by Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder may be disclosed to:
- our service providers on a confidential basis (eg professional advisors; an approved mailing house for the distribution of information or marketing resources - an individual may elect not to receive this type of material at the initial time of information gathering or at anytime afterwards)
- sponsors of cricket events or initiatives
- other associations and organisations involved in cricket programs and initiatives, such as the Other Cricket Associations
- verify your identity;
- develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports;
- market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us or our respective corporate partners, licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
- administer and manage our respective web sites and provide you with access to those web sites;
- keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of ticket sales) relating to cricket and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums;
- research and develop new competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports; and
- research and develop new products, services and merchandise relating to cricket and other sports.
Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will not sell or trade the database to a third party.
D) Data Quality
Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will take all reasonable steps to make sure that personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
E) Data Security
Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will take all reasonable steps to:
- ensure that only authorised staff and volunteers have access to personal information
- protect this information from misuse and loss, from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure (i.e. store it securely whether in electronic or physical form), and
- de-identify or destroy personal information when it is no longer needed by us or for legal requirements.
Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will make available to any interested individual its policies on the management of personal information. Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will also take reasonable steps to let the individual know, generally, what sort of personal information it holds, for what purposes it holds it, and how it collects, holds, uses and discloses that information.
G) Access and Correction
Upon request Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will provide an individual with information held about them except in certain circumstances. If this occurs Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will provide an explanation to the individual as to why access to this information is denied. For access requests, Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will not charge any lodgement fees. However, Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder may charge the reasonable expenses incurred in providing an individual with any information they have requested (eg search or photocopy costs).
If an individual believes that their personal information held by Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder is inaccurate, the individual may contact Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder and request for the information to be updated. Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will then take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Where lawful and practical, individuals will have the option of not identifying themselves when dealing with Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder.
I) Transborder Flows
Generally Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder does not transfer personal information outside Australia. However, if necessary it may do so where:
- the individual consents, or
- the recipient of the information is also subject to laws or a contract with equivalent protection to the National Privacy Principles.
J) Sensitive Information
Cricket NSW and/Sydney Thunder will not collect sensitive information about an individual unless the individual has consented, collection is required by law or the collection of information is in the interest of the individual or the public’s interest.
This information relates to Cricket NSW and Sydney Thunder’s current privacy standards. It may vary these privacy standards from time to time. Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder will notify individuals of these changes by publishing them on its website.
L) Using the Cricket NSW and Sydney Thunder websites
- the date and time you access the website
- which parts of the website you visit, and
- the address of the website from which you accessed the website.
Cookies are small files that a website writes to your hard drive when you visit that site. Cookies can not read information from your hard drive or read information from other cookies.
M) Contacting Cricket NSW and/or Sydney Thunder
If you are unsure about any of the National Privacy Principle requirements of Cricket NSW and/Sydney Thunder please contact us on 9339 0999 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively a written request should be made directly to:
Cricket NSW, PO Box 333, Paddington NSW 2021.
Contact can also be made through the Cricket NSW email address– email@example.com.