Life is going to be a little different for our Sydney Thunder players over the next few weeks inside the bio-secure hub in Sydney Olympic Park.
But, what will Thunder wicketkeeper-batter Tahlia Wilson need to survive village life?
1. My 21st Glass – “First off the rank which is a little bit unique to me is my 21st glass. I turn 21 on the day we head into the hub. So I thought I’d take in my glass, I might have a quiet glass of something just to celebrate the 21 years of my life so far with some of the girls.”
2. Hockey stick – “I’ve loved hockey ever since I knew about the game. I had a hockey stick when I was walking around just as I was first starting to walk, that’s definitely one thing I want to take in just as a little piece of home. I might be able to have a little bit of a hit on the fake turf there, they’ve got for us (at Sydney Olympic Park).”
“Former Hockeyroo Casey Eastham - now Sablowski - had a big influence on me wanting to play hockey, seeing her on the TV, coming from my home-town of Albion Park, I was like one day I aspire to be like her.”
3. My pillow – “I love to sleep, if you ask any of the girls, I can sleep absolutely anywhere. My pillow is definitely going to be used a lot of the time, not only for sleeping at night, but also for some naps during the day as well.”
4. Chocolate – “I love chocolate. I have a bit of a sweet tooth. You’ve always got to take some of that in, to treat yourself a little bit after you’ve had a few big days.”
5. Sudoku book – “I love doing the Sudoku puzzles. They take my mind off everything else.”
6. My HDMI cable and laptop – “Both are very important. My laptop, probably meant to be used more for Uni work, but I think it’s going to be used more movie watching.”
The full 59-match WBBL season begins this Sunday, with Thunder taking on crosstown rivals the Sydney Sixers at North Sydney Oval on the opening day of the tournament.
Members of the Thunder Nation will get free entry to crowd-friendly Thunder WBBL|06 matches.
Memberships start from $40 and offer access to a host of new benefits and exclusive discounts.
Sydney Thunder WBBL Squad
Head Coach: Trevor Griffin
WBBL|06 Squad: Rachael Haynes (C), Sam Bates, Tammy Beaumont, Hannah Darlington, Saskia Horley, Shabnim Ismail, Sammy-Jo Johnson, Heather Knight, Anika Learoyd, Phoebe Litchfield, Kate Peterson, Lauren Smith, Rachel Trenaman, Tahlia Wilson