With all eight WBBL teams being accommodated in a bio-secure hotel at Sydney Olympic Park, we are asking our Thunder players what they need to survive in the Rebel WBBL Village.
Last week, Sammy-Jo Johnson and Hannah Darlington shared their ‘must-haves’, this week it is new recruit Lauren Smith’s turn...
1. Golf clubs – “Number one is definitely my golf clubs. I’ve been really into my golf over isolation and it’s just my little thing to get away from cricket.”
2. Nail polish – “I love having good nails, all the time.”
3. A computer, a speaker and a 'flanny' (aka flannelette shirt) – “With the next three there’s not really an order. Hannah Darlington and I are going through a bit of a 'flanny' phase at the moment. We kind of just wear it whenever we can.”
4. Tea bags – “I do like having tea, quite a few nights a week I love having a tea just to settle down, just in case, there’s no tea downstairs or whatever.”
5. Kit Kats – “I might stash up some Kit Kats as well. I’m a big fan.”
What a day it was on Tuesday. Mona Vale GC in pristine condition as usual. Pretty happy with 33 points off 16. Can you tell where my shot ended up... pic.twitter.com/tPdGdxHS7Z— laurenn (@laurensmith74) September 24, 2020
The full 59-match WBBL season begins on Sunday 25 October, with Thunder taking on crosstown rivals the Sydney Sixers at North Sydney Oval on the opening day of the tournament.
Membership renewals are now open, with new packages available and a host of new benefits and exclusive discounts. Head to sydneythunder.com.au/membership for more information.