Sydney Thunder is seeking a proactive and energetic Membership Assistant for the upcoming KFC Big Bash League and Rebel Women's Big Bash League.
About Sydney Thunder
Our purpose is to be a loved club that inspires and unites our Thunder Nation. We represent a young, confident and rising Sydney community as well as the western and southern regions of NSW/ACT. We are focused on making a significant and tangible contribution to our community, value inclusiveness and epitomise substance over style.
About The Role
The Membership Assistant is an entry level contract role until 27 March 2020, for someone looking to start their career in sport. With the Thunder Nation expanding throughout Western Sydney and Regional NSW, this role will be mainly focused around the Thunder home ground at Showground Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park. Here there will be a focus on assisting with membership activations at events and all WBBL and BBL home matches, practice matches and events as nominated.
Assisting the Membership, Ticketing and Hospitality Coordinator, this role also has responsibilities around sales support and membership administration for the Sydney Thunder including:
- Day-to-day administration, including answering inbound calls, making outbound calls, managing membership email inbox, general member and fan enquiries
- Membership processing (forms, online, over the phone, at match) and event registrations
- Processing and operational coordination of club member program including fulfilment
- Assist in lead generation and making outbound sales calls for the Club’s Membership and Group Ticketing programs
- Ensure high levels of customer service and engagement
- Strong interest in Sales and Membership
- Desire to start a career in sport
- Intern and other experience in Sales and/or Membership is seen as favourable
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn and develop
- Superior communication skills
- Highly organised, efficient and a structured thinker
- Team player with the ability to work with varied stakeholders
- Ability to work extended hours in season
What’s In It For You?
Build your skills in a high-growth professional environment. Work in a dynamic, flexible and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve. Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community. Take advantage of the employee benefits on offer, including learning and development opportunities, flexible work practices, salary packaging and the odd ticket to the cricket.
How To Apply
For the full job description and/or to apply, please click here.
Applications close midnight Tuesday 17 September 2019.