Sydney Thunder is seeking a talented and ambitious student to join the Fan and Community Engagement Team as the Fan Engagement Intern to commence in August 2019.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Fan and Community Engagement Specialist and help deliver key initiatives across the Fan and Community Engagement Team.
Based at Sydney Thunder’s Sydney Olympic Park office, the intern position is voluntary whereby the candidate will gain experience across various aspects of sports business, administration and gain an insight into the intricacies of the Big Bash.
The successful candidate will need to be available a minimum of one (1) day per week and potentially required for evening or weekend hours. The ideal applicant would be required to fulfil practical work experience hours as part of a tertiary degree.
About Sydney Thunder
Our purpose is to be a loved club that inspires and unites our Thunder Nation. We represent a young, confident and rising Sydney community as well as the western and southern regions of NSW/ACT. We are focused on making a significant and tangible contribution to our community, value inclusiveness and epitomise substance over style.
Purpose of the role
- Provide general administrative and operational support to the Fan and Community Engagement Team
- Specifically, contribute to the Fan Engagement Program
- Assistance on Match Days
- Ensure club and participant satisfaction
- To assist with the administration and co-ordination of community events
Key areas of responsibility
- Key stakeholder contact for the Thunder Nation Cup
- Assist with the Thunder Club Alliance communication strategy
- Aid Fan Engagement Coordinator with Sydney Thunder Community activations
- Match Day Point of contact for Sydney Thunder Community events
- Outbound calls, confirming attendants & venues for Fan Engagement events
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Display initiative & ability to take direction as required
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Flexible in availability, due to the demands of the Big Bash League
How to apply
Should you be interested in applying for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 26 August 2019.
Please note, we expect a high level of interest in this role and only those applicants short listed will be contacted.