Sydney Thunder are looking for a Fan Engagement Coordinator to join the club. Our purpose is to be a loved club that inspires and unites our Thunder Nation. We represent a young, confident and rising new Sydney community as well as the western and southern regions of NSW/ACT. We are focused on making a significant and tangible contribution to our community and value inclusiveness and epitomise substance over style.
We are seeking a motivated Fan Engagement Coordinator to deliver activations, programs and events to effectively engage and inspire the Thunder Nation.
About the role
The Fan Engagement coordinator will continue to:
• Manage the delivery of the Fan Engagement strategy
• Coordinate and deliver professional activations, events and programs that engage with and creates new fans of Sydney Thunder
• Develop and deliver Sydney Thunder’s extensive Fan Engagement initiatives, including; Sydney Thunder Fan Day, Sydney Thunder Junior Super Clinics, Thunder Bus and Camp Thunder
• Drive activity to make the Sydney Thunder the most loved club in Australia
• Work closely with the Game Development department to identify Fan Engagement opportunities
• Assist with the planning and execution of engaging Fan Activation areas on WBBL and BBL match days
• Work closely with the Community Engagement Manager to deliver effective, meaningful and consistent messages to our community
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager to deliver key messages to fans
• Work closely with the Membership and Ticketing Manager to drive retention and incremental sales.
• Manage casual staff and volunteers in the delivery of Fan Engagement initiatives
You need to:
• Live by the Thunder Values of:
• Doing it the right way
• United as one
• Stamp our mark
• Feel personal alignment with the Thunder brand and purpose
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in community engagement and events.
• Be highly organized and efficient.
• Have the ability to work extended hours in season.
• Have the ability to perform manual tasks.
• Be a strong communicator.
• Be highly motivated with a willingness to learn and develop.
• Appropriate qualifications and demonstrated relevant digital and social media experience.
• Have a full NSW driver’s license.You are proactive team player, with a can-do attitude
What's in it for you?
Be part of Australia’s Favourite Sport and NSW’s No.1 sporting organisation. Demonstrate and grow your skills in a high-growth professional environment. Work in a dynamic, flexible and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve. Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community.
Keen to join our team?
If this sounds like you, please send us your:
• cover letter of no more than one page
• resume of no more than two pages
Click here to apply, for any further information call 02 8302 6000, closing date is Monday 2 July.