Sydney Thunder is seeking a proactive and energetic student to join the Digital and Social Media Team as an intern, commencing in September 2019.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Digital and Social Media Coordinator and help deliver high-quality written, video and design content.
Based at Sydney Thunder’s Sydney Olympic Park office, the intern position is voluntary whereby the candidate will gain experience across various aspects of sports business, administration and gain an insight into the intricacies of the Big Bash.
The successful candidate will need to be available a minimum of one (1) day per week and potentially required for evening or weekend hours. The ideal applicant would be required to fulfil practical work experience hours as part of a tertiary degree.
About Sydney Thunder
Our purpose is to be a loved club that inspires and unites our Thunder Nation. We represent a young, confident and rising Sydney community as well as the western and southern regions of NSW/ACT. We are focused on making a significant and tangible contribution to our community, value inclusiveness and epitomise substance over style.
Purpose of the role
- Help produce digital and social media content to engage a growing fan base
- Assist in providing coverage of all BBL and WBBL fixtures via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and sydneythunder.com.au
- Conduct interviews with players and coaches (on and off camera)
- Help deliver written and video content of Sydney Thunder’s community activities
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Feel personal alignment with Sydney Thunder brand and purpose
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and copy writing
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Able to work extended hours in season
How to apply
Should you be interested in applying for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 26 August 2019.
Please note, we expect a high level of interest in this role and only those applicants short listed will be contacted.