Sydney Thunder skipper Hannah Darlington has been rewarded for an outstanding season with selection in the WBBL|07 Team of the Season.
A four-person selection panel of Mel Jones, Lisa Sthalekar, Shawn Flegler and Laura Jolly selected the side based on performances in the 56-game regular season.
At just 19 years of age, Darlington responded to being thrust into the Thunder captaincy by ending the campaign as her side’s leading bowler with 16 wickets at 20.75.
The talented teenager joins the likes of star all-rounder Sophie Devine (Perth Scorchers) and India captain Harmanpreet Kaur (Melbourne Renegades) in the team.
WBBL|07 Team of the Season
1. Sophie Devine (Perth Scorchers, captain, international)
2. Beth Mooney (Perth Scorchers)
3. Georgia Redmayne (Brisbane Heat, wicket-keeper)
4. Harmanpreet Kaur (Melbourne Renegades, international)
5. Grace Harris (Brisbane Heat)
6. Tahlia McGrath (Adelaide Strikers)
7. Jess Jonassen (Brisbane Heat)
8. Amanda-Jade Wellington (Adelaide Strikers)
9. Hannah Darlington (Sydney Thunder)
10. Tayla Vlaeminck (Hobart Hurricanes)
11. Darcie Brown (Adelaide Strikers)
Coach: Simon Helmot (Melbourne Renegades)
Our Indigenous shirt auction is now LIVE!— Sydney Thunder (@ThunderBBL) November 19, 2021
This is your chance to get your hands on one of these limited edition shirts AND support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs across the #ThunderNation.
Check it out! 👇 https://t.co/dZb4VeSwjh