Sydney Thunder is seeking a talented and ambitious student to join the Consumer Business Team as a Membership Intern to commence in September 2019.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Membership, Ticketing and Hospitality Manager through enquiries and administrative tasks across the Membership platform.
Based at Sydney Thunder’s Sydney Olympic Park office, the intern position is voluntary whereby the candidate will gain experience across various aspects of sports business, administration and gain an insight into the intricacies of the Big Bash.
The successful candidate will need to be available a minimum of one (1) day per week and potentially required for evening or weekend hours. The ideal applicant would be required to fulfil practical work experience hours as part of a tertiary degree.
About Sydney Thunder
Our purpose is to be a loved club that inspires and unites our Thunder Nation. We represent a young, confident and rising Sydney community as well as the western and southern regions of NSW/ACT. We are focused on making a significant and tangible contribution to our community, value inclusiveness and epitomise substance over style.
Purpose of the role
- Provide general administrative and operational support to the Membership, Ticketing and Hospitality Manager
- Specifically, contribute to the Membership Program
- Assistance on Match Days
- Ensure Member satisfaction
- To assist with the administration and co-ordination of Membership fulfilment
Key areas of responsibility
- Key lead on the Sydney Thunder Member retention program
- Understand and process Microsoft Dynamics Membership system
- First point of contact for Sydney Thunder Members
- Servicing of Member calls & emails
- Outbound calls
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Display initiative and ability to take direction as required
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Flexible in availability, due to the demands of the Big Bash League
How to apply
Should you be interested in applying for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday 26 August 2019.
Please note, we expect a high level of interest in this role and only those applicants short listed will be contacted.