Mazda Moments Compeition - Terms and Conditions
Who is running the competition?
The Promoter is Mazda Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 78 004 690 804), 211A Wellington Road, Mulgrave VIC 3170. Phone: 1800 034 411.
When will the competition start and end?
The competition starts at 9:00am (AEDT) on 12/12/20 and ends at 12:00pm (AEDT) on 7/02/21 (the Competition Period).
Who can enter?
Only NSW and ACT cricket clubs who are affiliated with New South Wales Cricket Association and the ACT Cricket Association who can take any prize won on the date and time specified by the Promoter, can enter.
Who can't enter?
Directors, officers, management and employees of: the Promoter; or the agencies, companies or participating dealerships associated with this competition; or their immediate families, can't enter.
Do I need to buy anything to enter?
During the Competition Period entrants of the NSW affiliated cricket clubs visit sydneythunder.com.au/mazdamoments (Website) and complete the online registration form. Individuals enter the competition by uploading a photo to their Instagram account whilst at the following Sydney Thunder affiliated events:
- 12th December 2020
- 14th December 2020
- 22nd December 2020
- 26th December 2020
- 1st January 2021
- 4th January 2021
- 7th January 2021
- 9th January 2021
- 13th January 2021
- 18th January 2021
- 22nd January 2021
- 24th January 2021
- 25th January 2021
Or at your local cricket match throughout the competition period and nominating their preferred cricket club and including the hash tag #mazdamoments. The individuals Instagram account is required to be set to public during the competition period. At the end of the competition period a random draw will take place to determine the winning clubs.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
There will be a total of 6 winners determined in respect of this competition. The draw will be held at 12:00pm (AEDT) on the relevant draw date at the Promoter's office211A Wellington Road, Mulgrave VIC 3170 here. For prize details and publication date, please see the table below. Entries must be received by the Promoter by 12:00pm 7/02/21 (AEDT) to be entered into the draw. The draw will be randomly conducted and prizes will be awarded to the first six valid and eligible entries selected (in accordance with the draw date, prize detail and publication dates table below). The Promoter will draw additional reserve entries in each draw and record them in order, in case the winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid. If, on the date of a draw, no entries or insufficient entries have been received in respect of that draw then the competition will be cancelled.
Draw date and prize details
1st Prize: $750, plus a digital Q&A sessions with Sydney Thunder Players – Prize drawn on 9/02/21
2nd Prize: $500 – Prize drawn on 09/02/21
3rd Prize: $500 – Prize drawn on 09/02/21
4th Prize: $500 – Prize drawn on 09/02/21
5th Prize: $250 – Prize drawn on 09/02/21
6th Prize: $250 – Prize drawn on 09/02/21
Further prize details
See paragraphs 2 to 6 for further prize conditions.
Total prize pool
The total prize pool is $3,000
How and when will the winners be informed?
If you are a winner, you will be informed by phone and in writing by email within two days of the relevant draw and the name of the winning cricket clubs on sydneythunder.com.au/mazdamoments on the publication date above.
If I win, when must I claim my prize?
You must accept / claim your prize by 9am (AEDT) within 5 business days of being notified as a winner.
What if I don't claim my prize on time?
If a prize has not been accepted or claimed by the relevant prize claim date and time above, or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can't contact the drawn winner (or the drawn winner does not contact the Promoter) by the relevant time and date specified above, the relevant entry will be discarded and on the 6th business day after the original draw date, the Promoter will re-award the relevant prize to the next person on the reserve list from the reserve entries drawn for that relevant Prize Category. Any such winners will be informed by phone and in writing via email within two days of being determined and their name and state/territory of residence will be published on the Website the next business day after being notified.
1. Your entry must be received during the Competition Period. Your entry is deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter's database. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you enter using automatically generated entries or multiple phone numbers or aliases you may be disqualified.
2. Thunder team Q&A activity are subject to booking, and availability and must be taken at the time, on the date and at the location as specified by the Promoter.
3. The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share a prize.
4. If you or another prize participant cannot attend an event awarded as part of a prize on the date and time chosen, the Promoter will not be liable.
5. The Promoter has no liability if for any reason any of the specified Sydney Thunder players do not attend a prize event.
6. If you are a winner, you (and your companions participating in a prize, and any other prize participants) must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You (and your companions and other prize participants) consent to the Promoter using your names, images and any material posted by you and/or your companions to be used in any promotional or advertising activity, including on its Website and on social media.
7. In order to participate in the activities awarded as part of some of the prizes, prize participants may be required to comply with any applicable conditions (e.g. height, weight, health and fitness requirements). Prize participants (and, if aged under 16 years, their parent/guardian) must ensure that they are healthy and fit enough to take the prize. The Promoter may deem that a prize participant is insufficiently healthy or fit. Prize participants must follow all requirements of the people responsible for managing the relevant activities.
8. Prize participants (and, if aged under 16 years, their parent/guardian) must, if required by the Promoter, sign disclaimer and release forms provided by the Promoter in favour of the Promoter and other parties before taking part in a prize. If a prize participant (or their parent/guardian) does not sign, their participation will be deemed invalid and they will lose any entitlement to a prize.
9. If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions including if you are unable to take a prize at the date/time/location specified, your entry (or at the Promoter's discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded.
10. The Promoter may, at any time, require an entrant, winner or any prize participant to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's satisfaction the validity of their entries and right to a prize (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
11. You must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
(c) act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner
(d) do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
(e) breach any law; or
(f) behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
12. You are responsible for your companion/s and your selected prize participants and the Promoter may disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, you or any or all of your companion/s or prize participants if any of them breaches these conditions, whether or not legally bound by them.
13. If you (or your companion/s or your selected prize participants, if applicable), in the opinion of the Promoter, are intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behave aggressively or offensively, or behave in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate, the Promoter may cancel the prize or restrict you (and your companion/s and prize participants) from participating in any elements of the prize, at its discretion.
14. The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
15. The Promoter's decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
16. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
17. By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
18. By accepting or participating in any prize, your companion/s and your selected prize participants accept these Terms and Conditions.
19. If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office's stated view that where the parties are at arm's length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
22. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
23. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prizes. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses in Australia.
24. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
Collection and use of your personal information
(i) how to seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you and seek correction of the information; and
(ii) how to complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.